Why more businesses are moving to Cloud-Based IT
According to the latest report from @Datto, most Managed Service Providers (MSPs) expect that at least half of clients’ workloads will be in the cloud by 2023, and their observations reflect our experience as we help more clients move to the cloud for their IT services.
What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is a service whereby individuals or businesses can rent access on computing infrastructure or data centres for a wide range of services including storage, networking, and processing power. It is accessed over the internet and can be on contract or pay-as-you go.
Access to cloud computing is provided on subscription, freeing businesses from capital expenditure on equipment and ongoing maintenance of IT infrastructure.
The cloud offers immediate scalability, for example more storage can be obtained quickly, or conversely can be reduced according to changing circumstances.
Why cloud based computing appeals to SMBs
· It a scalable solution and can accommodate the needs of a growing business
· Cloud applications can help collaboration by improving information sharing and storage
· Cloud services offer all the advantages required for a robust Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery - BCDR. Your data is retained and can be accessed and restored even if the laptop is lost or stolen
· Costs can be spread throughout the year – no need for capital expenditure to upgrade equipment
· Software updates can be rolled out easily – ensuring all employees are up to date without disruption to productivity
· The cloud reduces spending on expensive hardware, removing the need to purchase and maintain servers on-premises
· It’s great for mobile working as cloud storage allows users to access their information regardless of location
All of these benefits help small and medium sized businesses – SMEs - to be more responsive to the market and therefore become more competitive.
If you’d like to discuss how your business can adopt cloud-based IT solutions, please contact Richard Twigger.
T: 0113 234 1548