Protect against Cyber Attacks
It’s Cyber Security Awareness Month, the aim being to make people more aware of cyber threats and educate users on how to protect themselves against a cyber attack.
Here’s our 5-point check list to help you get started:
1. Enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) as it will add an extra layer of security to your accounts.
2. Update your software and make sure all your devices, operating systems, and software applications are up to date with the latest security patches.
3. Use strong, unique passwords and consider using a password manager.
4. Regularly back up your data to external media and/or cloud. This location should not be readily accessible.
5. Learn about common cyber threats, such as phishing, malware, and ransomware, and how to recognise, be vigilant and avoid them.
Recap on some of the articles we have published over the year to help you:
Phishing Attacks are on the rise. How to protect your business
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – what is it and how it can reduce the risk of a security breach.
For more information and expert support, help and advice, contact Richard: